Here’s some answers to your Frequently Asked Questions:
Is this conference for me?
- Yes, this conference is for anyone thinking about how sustainability relates to Jewish law and tradition.
- Yes, if you’re making change in your local Jewish community and want to network with others in the area.
- Yes, if you are looking for educational resources, curriculum and access to local sustainable kosher products.
- Yes, if you want to learn to learn more about where your food comes from, make sauerkraut, or start a garden, this conference is for you!
Is there a theme?
Yes! We have a new theme every year. Stay tuned for information about 2018.
What is the schedule for the day?
While we’re still working out the details, it is generally:
11:30 Registration Opens
12:00-1:00 Opening session
1:00-5:30 Multiple workshop sessions, including in the kitchen and classroom
5:30-7:00 Community Celebration/ Shuk (marketplace) featuring dinner prepared by conference participants, do-it-yourself activities, advocacy opportunities, tabling by community organizations and our silent auction.
Where is the conference?
Its in a different location every year. Stay tuned!
Is the site accessible?
We’re working on it. If you have any specific questions about accessibility, please contact Leora.
Are there opportunities to volunteer?
Yes, we ask for three hours of your time in exchange for reduced registration. Email Leora for more information.
Can teens attend?
Sure! We highly encourage you to come-and bring your friends. Whether you join us for all or part of the day, you’ll meet other teens and adults to learn, play, connect and be inspired.
Will childcare be provided?
Yes, we will be providing childcare at an additional cost from a licensed agency.
What should I bring with me?
- Reusable water bottle
- Business cards
- A great attitude
How much does the conference cost?
We work hard to keep our prices low. Early pricing for 2017 was:
- $40 Adults
- $25 Students/Seniors/Teens
- $20 Volunteers
- $20 Shuk (marketplace) and dinner
- $20 childcare
Is there a registration deadline?
To ensure we have enough food and supplies, we’d really like you to register in advance.
How can I find out more?
Please be in touch with Leora Mallach, Co-founder and Director, at leora (at) beantownjewishgardens.org or 617-877-2036.