Join the event planning team for the 2020 Jewish Sustainable Food Fest! On May 31st, 2020 we will educate and connect our community around the dynamics of building a regional, ethical and resilient food system, providing networking and resource sharing opportunities.
We are currently recruiting additional volunteers for our event planning team. Think flexible and collaborative. Planning team members maintain the vision for the event and organize and oversee all aspects. Team tasks include:
- Soliciting sponsorships and organizational partnerships;
- Developing a robust and varied activity fair, which will include vendors, information, snacks and hands-on activities;
- Coordinating food (donated and served) that meets the constraints of kosher dietary laws, ethical/local desires, and budget;
- Providing feedback on marketing content, helping to identify target markets for outreach, managing registration, and providing input for website updates;
- Coordinating learning sessions and communications with presenters;
- Recruiting event volunteers and participants.
We meet monthly in Newton. Regular communication and benchmarks are established between meetings. While individual time commitments vary, expect to work 1-3 hours a week, depending on your responsibilities, up to two weeks after the event. Plan to work as a conference ambassador in a variety of capacities and provide leadership at the event itself.
For more information contact, Leora Mallach, Director, or at 617-877-2036.