Marketing and Communications Intern
Ganei Beantown is looking for an intern to support public relations, community outreach, online marketing and social media development. We seek an upbeat, energetic, and dedicated individual who thinks creatively, works well independently and collaboratively, and thrives in an entrepreneurial environment. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone interested in developing their portfolio in communications while helping to grow a small non-profit organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Devise and implement social media presence (Facebook, Twitter)
- Coordinate and edit blog content
- Maintain communications database including data entry
- Collect and maintain up-to-date press archive, online newsroom and photo library
- Update website with current content
- Responsible for email marketing and communication campaigns
- Help promote the Boston Jewish Food Conference (April 9)
- Self-motivated, go-getter personality with a personal stake in the quality of their performance
- Strong time management and organizational skills (work includes a variety of tasks within the course of a week) with an attention to detail
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, and ability to communicate in a professional tone via phone and email
- Experience with WordPress blogging software
- Knowledge of Vertical Response similar email marketing software highly preferred
- Interest in the sustainable food movement and/or Judaism a plus
- A chance to use your skills and gain experience for growth of small non-profit
- Free attendance at Ganei Beantown workshops and events, including the annual Food Conference, DIY food workshops and Jewish holiday celebrations
- Represent organization at local events and networking opportunities in local food justice and Jewish community
Other Details: This position requires a commitment of at least four months (start and end date are flexible), for approximately ten hours a week. You need not be a student to apply. Work will be done remotely with regular phone communication. Intern will be supervised by organization founder and director.
Please send a resume, cover letter, one writing sample, and examples of previous social media work for organizations/businesses, if applicable to: email@example.com with “Marketing and Communications Intern” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please let us know how you are an asset to a growing organization. Deadline to apply: February 10, 2014.
Ganei Beantown: Beantown Jewish Gardens is building community through hands on food system education based in Jewish text, tradition and culture. We are nurturing a Jewish community that is committed to feeding the world in a just and sustainable manner.