Sowing the Seeds of Sustainability
Ganei Beantown: Beantown Jewish Gardens is proud to announce the 2013 Boston Jewish Food Conference will take place at Tufts Hillel in Medford, MA.
Sunday, March 3, 2013
10:30 AM – 6:00 PM
220 Packard Avenue, Medford, MA 02155
Early spring is a time to think about the coming agricultural cycle, growing season, birth and rejuvenation. This year, the conference will feature the theme of Justice within Sustainability.
We will educate and build community around issues of sustainability and activism within a multi-generational, pluralistic, and diverse setting. We will propel the Boston Jewish community to the forefront of the local sustainability movement as well as national conversations. The event is just in time to kick off the New England growing season with awareness and intention.
- Kosher, locally sourced vegetarian lunch
- Shuk (marketplace) open to the public from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Teen mini-conference from 12:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- 3 workshop blocks
- A community Beit Midrash (house of study)
Ask critical questions:
- What are the implications of my food choices?
- What constitutes a responsible Jewish food ethic today?
- What resources exist in my community to guide my decision-making?
- $54 Adult
- $36 Students/Seniors
- $18 Teens
- $18 Volunteers